Helms Vineyard History
The 8.07-acre (3.26 hectare) Helms Vineyard surrounds the restored ruins of German Viticulturist H.W. Helms’ 1883 stone winery. Helms was forced to abandon his winery during Prohibition, yet his legacy lives on as the site of his original winery is now our home at Dana Estates. We have given the name of this special vineyard site to Helms as a tribute to his pioneering spirit and keen instincts.